Mariflora Plus Capsules
Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium infantis 500mg (Together over 5 billion active spores)
Fructo-oligosaccharide 50 mg, Thiamine mononitrate IP 1 mg, Riboflavin IP 1.5 mg, Folic Acid IP 1mg, Excipients q.s
Lactobacillus acidophilus : support immune cells and create a healthy lactic acid environment that limits survival of harmful bacteria. Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria thrive in acidic environments and produces enzymes that create an unfavorable condition for other microorganisms to survive.
It works in small intestine by out-competing other microorganisms (e.g. E. coli) for nutrients they rely on
Lactobacillus acidophilus also creates lactase, an enzyme that helps in digestion of fats, proteins and dairy products, thus reduces the sensitivity of lactose.
Bifidobacterium longum : colonise primarily in the large intestine (or colon)
• Promote the production of antibodies
• Support the body against toxins and inhibit the development of undesirable bacteria by competitively excluding their attachment to the intestinal wall lining.
Bifidobacterium bifidum :
• B. bifidum actually attach to cells of the intestine and protect the physical lining of your intestine against damage from toxins or germs.
• B. bifidum also produce important vitamins like B12, biotin, and K2.
• Bifidobacterium bifidum reduces the incidence of cold and flu.
Bifidobacterium infantis :
Bifidobacterium infantis is “normal, friendly bacteria play an important role in basic digestion, proper metabolism and overall well-being.
Bifidobacterium infantis works within the digestive system to restore intestinal balance and maintain normal digestive health.”
Children 2 to 12 years: One capsule 1-2 times a day.
Infants and Children up to 2 years: One capsule once a day.